Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summer Time

It is supposed to be 102 here today for the first full day of summer. With this kind of beginning what's the rest going to be like? Don't get me wrong, I love summer, it's my favorite season, but the heat is supposed to build up gradually, not hit you with a sledge hammer the first day.
I swam yesterday for less than 30 minutes and I burned to a crisp, my Dermatologist is going to scream at me. I've had 5 skin cancers since we moved here. What can I say, I'm Irish, we grow skin cancers as a hobby.
But back to summer, I hope it eases up a little and lets me slide slowly into the long sunny days.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think slowly is in the cards. Yes, we do need to get together. I am going out of town for a couple of weeks, then home a week, and leaving again for another week. Maybe in August I can get down there. Stevie is dying to come down there and Shea wants to go back and eat again at Paul Deen's. We also want to try the place you suggested..Huey's. HOpe to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope you know the above comment was from me...Patty, must be signed in under Steve's account!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, on the other hand, it rained and has barely made it to 84. It's looking a lot like we won't hit 90 before July. Not that I'm complaining about the lack of heat, but I wish it'd be in the 80s and /sunny/.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...