Thursday, July 30, 2009

Appliances


Thought I talk about my washer and dryer today, yesterday was laundry day and we spent a lot of "quality" time together. The picture looks a lot like my washer/dryer, plain old white, not a fashion statement at all. But then I bought them to work for me, not to accessorize my laundry room, oh God I've been watching too much HGTV!
Anyway, they're an interesting pair and have taught me a lot about what I'll go looking for when next I buy a new appliance. The washer is nearly 7 years old and is my least favorite of the pair. Least favorite you say? Why is that? Well I guess it's because when it was a little over 2 years old the agitator broke, fell apart. I'd never heard of a washer doing that, as Professor Peter Vinkman (Bill Murray) in Ghostbusters said, "You hardly ever see that in a major appliance." But using the Internet I found another agitator and Mac fixed it. The next problem is that it's rusting inside, probably from exposure to water. You'd think a washer could deal with a "little" water, but no, not this one. What brand is this washer you ask, well it's a Frigidaire, the brand I won't be replacing it with. And even though it's only 7 years old I don't look for it to last much longer.
Now my dryer is a different story! I bought it in 1982, that makes it more than 27 years old, and it's still going strong. What brand is it? Well it's a Kenmore from Sears, but I'll bet if I replaced it with another Kenmore it wouldn't be the same, for this one was made in the USA and there's no telling where they come from now.
But I'm going to read a LOT of reviews before I buy any new appliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...