Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Football Season


Another football season has rolled around, a season I use to look forward to eagerly.  I was a huge fan, even bought a tv that had screen within a screen so that I could watch 2 games at a time.  When we were stationed overseas I'd get up in the middle of the night to listen to games on the radio.  But those days are long gone.  I watch football in dispair. No more Stabler, no more Plunkett, no more defense that every team feared. My mighty team  who thrilled millions is beyond woeful. They're so bad they don't just suck (pardon my French), they blow.  I can't even watch them, it's too painful.   My only hope is that some day soon its owner will die peacefully in his sleep (I'm not completely heartless) and someone who understands the game, knows how to draft players who actually want to play for the team, knows what the West Coast Offense is, will buy the team.  Until then I'm just a sad, Raider fan who now follows the Colts and the Giants, really like the Manning brothers, I remember their poor father playing for the Saints and the fans wearing bags over their heads.

1 comment:

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...