Monday, August 10, 2009

Life Returns to Normal


My sister Susie left today for Oklahoma, it was a great visit, and I really appreciate her driving all the way from Oklahoma to here on her own. On her first day here we took her to Tybee Beach and had lunch at the Crab Shack. She and Mac shared a dish of mussels in wine (I don't eat things that don't have eyebrows), then they both had a Low Country Boil and I had a half-pound of shrimp, or what passes for a half-pound because I ate a half-pound and still had a half-pound to take home. Then we took her out to introduce her to the alligators they keep there.
On Saturday she and I went to yard-sales and the flea market, two of her favorite things to do . On Sunday she sat out back and fished for a couple of hours, too hot for me. She caught a bunch of fish and let them go.
So she's off home today and the house seems a bit empty, but it's time to get back to real life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with her, but I missed you!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...