Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Is Obama Channeling Jimmy Carter?


I didn't vote for Obama, I held my nose and voted for that old white guy who ran against him, but when he won  I sincerely hoped he'd do a good job. I was willing to give him time, felt anger when people complained after 2 weeks in office that he hadn't solved all our problems. I wanted him to succeed because this country was/is in a mess.  We needed someone to come in, take a look at the economic situation and come up with a plan, not to socialize it, but to restore some confidence in our financial institutions, get our economy moving again.  I wanted him to put Americans to work again, too many of our friends have lost their jobs or had their hours cut, I wanted to see homes selling again, an end to bankruptcies for both individuals and business's and an end to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
But what have we seen?  More bankruptcies, fewer jobs, bigger deficits, no end to either war and now a plan for health care we can not afford but are going to have rammed down our throats.
He looks so ineffectual, changing his mind, waffling as to what he wants, weak.  And that scares me.  I remember Jimmy Carter one of the weakest presidents we ever had.  He wasn't stupid, just ineffectual.  He had no idea how Washington worked and accomplished nothing but having our embassy seized in Iran and the idea that we were a weak country past its prime.
And with his inability to get anything done that's what Obama looks like.
Being a one term Senator doesn't qualify you to be President.  Just because you speak well doesn't mean you'll be an effective President.  And surrounding yourself with cronies of dubious character will not make you a President to be trusted.
I don't need Jimmy Carter as President again but I'm very afraid that's what we've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...