Saturday, October 24, 2009

Painting on Cumberland Island


While Mac was searching for shark's teeth on Cumberland I was painting, doing watercolors.  I completed one and mostly finished 2 others.  Cumberland is such a beautiful place to paint.  They control the number of people who can come to the island, there are only 2 boats a day going over, so it is very quiet and peaceful.  You have time to think and to really look at things.  I painted the scene of a bend in the river.  The picture I took I framed with one of the huge oaks that the island is covered with, but I didn't paint the oak, I don't do trees well.  I was pleased with how it turned out and now Mac needs to mat and frame it for me, after he quits muttering about the weird size canvas I used.








No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...