Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions


It has come to this, I've decided that in order for me to actually keep my New Year's Resolution it may be necessary for me to make them public, then it will be embarrassing if I don't keep them.
So, here they are, in no particular order, many holdovers and leftovers from last year, year before last, last decade, last century.

1.  Make my last will and testament.  Though I plan on living a long, long time and being a sweet, little old lady who keeps pussy cats, it is necessary to make some arrangements and I've been putting this one off for a long while.

2.  Lose some weight.  Join Weight Watchers, exercise more, quit wearing baggy clothes and deal with my post middle-age spread.  It's either do this or arrange for a new area code for parts of me.

3.  Update my address book and throw away all the bar napkins that our friends write their phone numbers on.  Though the napkins add a rather boozy smell to my address book they look like h**l.

4.  Clean my desk and keep it clean.  This ought to be interesting, right now if I didn't know it was a desk I wouldn't recognize it as one, definitely looks like a tip.  Need to organize, reorganize, toss out and find the desktop.

5.  Quit reading the news, I can't change things, though Lord knows I could do a better job than what's being done now. Our current crop of politicians, both parties, just annoy the hell out of me  and  that does my blood pressure no good.  I need to remember that living well is the best revenge.

6.  Travel more.  We've always traveled quite a bit, but lately I've been lazy, when Mac suggests a longer trip I say I don't have the energy, but the truth is I'm just getting lazy.  So I resolve  to take one short trip each month, one 3 dayer at least every other month  and at least one long one this year.

7.  Oops, almost forgot.  I'm going to learn more about mine and Mac's family histories.  I'm  going to contact my last uncle and Mac's oldest cousin and collect their memories.  I regret that I didn't learn more from my parents and Mac's.  May even join ancestry.com

So there they are, we'll look back at them in a year and see how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...