Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's May, It's May, the Lusty Month of May


Sorry about that, but I can't get through May without breaking into that song from Camelot.  I've always loved the play, hated the movie, thought it was totally miscast, sorry Vanessa, I like you, but you're no Genevieve. 
I finally got to see the play 2 years ago in Chicago, we'd gone on a short trip there to meet our daughter, got to see the Cubbies play, ate great food, saw an incredible museum and saw Camelot starring Michael York.  It was wonderful, I sang along with every song until my husband told me I had to stop, sigh, but I hummed anyway.
And so we're in the lusty month of May, flowers blooming, oil spills spreading, bombs sitting in Time's Square, and I feel at peace with the world.  I can't stop the spill and bombs will always be planted, but I will enjoy this May with all its promise and glory and feel sorrow for those who cannot.
I will gather my rosebuds and smell May. 

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that I had updated my 10 in 2010 about you wrong! Went back and fixed it. LOL

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...