Monday, July 12, 2010

Cleaning House, Again?

Yes, sad but true, I must clean house this week.  Our daughter is coming Friday to spend the weekend and celebrate her birthday,  and I must clean this place up before she gets here or she'll be looking to place us in Elder Care because we can't take care of ourselves any more.
But it's not that we can't take care of ourselves but rather that it's too hot to clean, I do a much better job of housekeeping in the other seasons.  And I'm particularly good at cleaning when we're going to have company.
In addition to our daughter a friend I haven't seen in years is coming to visit at the end of the month, we reconnected on Facebook last year and have been trying to get together ever since.  She and her husband have begun the process of adopting a child so I know her house is spotless (all those home visits) so I don't want her to go into dust shock when she gets down here.
I started upstairs today cleaning  the bedroom and bathroom our daughter  use and I'm now soggy, though I ran the air conditioner.  Unfortunately  that only cools it enough  if you sit very still, slowly lifting a glass of ice tea to your overheated lips and don't move.  If you actually do anything the sweat will pour.  So I'm on break now.
The attached picture is what happened to me last year when I attempted a real clean out last summer.

2 comments:

  1. That photo is convincing: all-out house cleaning is not a safe and healthy occupation--should be undertaken only when really necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm laughing at loud!

    1. Because my house is SO. NOT. Spotless. quite the opposite, in fact. If that is a criteria for adopting, we'll never make it.
    2. That picture is an accurate representation of what I look like when I think about cleaning!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...