Wednesday, August 18, 2010

House Cleaning is Not a Recreational Sport

I planned on working in my garden again today, but one look around my house today and decided that in order to  avoid the spread of pestilence and  disease I'd better do some house cleaning instead.  So it was kitchen and bathroom day, what fun, shining stainless steel and scrubbing down all those porcelain thrones.
  Then I Swiffered the hardwood floors.  Swiffers are ok for picking up dust, but the bits of debris on my floors just laugh at it.  I also have a Swiffer-type mop and it's a waste of time, it's good old hands and knees on my garden kneeler when I break down and do that.
When that was done I jumped in the pool and scooped out leaves, flies and wasps.  The pool has been reasonably cool lately, hope it stays that way.
While I was in the pool I ran the air conditioner in the upstairs so I could do some work up there, which I did.  I managed to lose a needle, destroy a pillow and cut out some fairy squares that I want to use to make a small quilt with. All the fairies are blue fairies but each one is different.  I also have a set of pink fairies.   I've never quilted, but once the weather cools down a little I'm going to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...