Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wrap It Up Baby!

I entered the "wrapping room" around 11:30 this morning and just made it out again a bit after 2.  Even with judicious use of gift bags and as little wrapping paper as I could get away with I'm not quite done.  I don't spend a huge amount at Christmas, I buy used, I make things and I buy lots of fiddly little things that are fun to open.  But the wrapping it a job and a half, even with the cat helping me by holding down and rolling in the tissue paper.  A lot of work but such fun to watch when they're opened and people are surprised, and hopefully pleased.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't got a lot a people to buy Christmas gifts for now. But I'm sort of childishly fond of parcels too so I've even wrapped a couple of things I bought for myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH!! that looks a lot of wrapping , fortunate you have Kitty to help

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always underestimate how long it will take to wrap things - even simply. But it is so much fun to anticipate the recipients' pleasure! How nice to have a wrapping room and a kitty assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit that wrapping presents isn't my favourite job either and there's always lots and lots of it to do. I try and break it down into small sessions over a few days. I still shudder when I remember that I did all the wrapping for three children (including 15-20 small gifts each in their stockings) on Christmas Eve after they'd gone to bed. I must have been made of sterner stuff in those days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can remember Christmas Eves when we put toys together after our daughter had gone to bed, we made so much noise it's a wonder she didn't wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wrapping room??? I realised that you live in a mansion but still...

    I love "The Snowman" also and when my children were small we had a book of "M's Disappearing Bag", which we were also fond of. Didn't know it was made into a film.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I call it my "wrapping" room,but actually it's my make a mess room.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...