Sunday, January 8, 2012

When I Was Born

On Facebook a friend of mine posted that "Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones was the number one song on the day she was born.  I thought that was really cool so I went to see what the number one song was the day I was born.  Oh dear, it was "Five Minutes More" by Frank Sinatra, now not only have I never been a Frank Sinatra fan, but I've never heard of "Five Minutes More".  I looked it up on You Tube and I've got to say it's a pretty boring song.  I looked up the whole list of number one songs for my year and decided that if I could pick one I'd pick "Personality" by Johnny Mercer, a Savannah native.
Then I went looking to see if I could find what was number one when Mac and I got married.  It was "Help" by the Beatles,  I'd have laughed if I'd known that.

4 comments:

  1. Intriguing! I was 19 years old when Satisfaction was No 1 in the UK! It appears that there weren't charts in the UK before 1953 so I looked at the US charts and apparently it was someone called Freddy Martin (never heard of him!) singing something called 'To Each His Own' (yes, you've guessed it - never heard of that either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, it's a good job you weren't superstitious. The Beach Boys were number 1 with Do It Again when I was born and Elton John was number 1 with Sacrifice when we got married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm off to see what was number one when I was born!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I've got "Help" running through my brain! I'll have to look up that info too.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...