Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mail

We mailed 2 packages today, one to Utah, it wasn't very big and was fairly light.  The other was bigger  and heavier, it went  to Maryland.  Was it expensive?  Is the Pope German, do bears take care of business in the woods?  Of course it was expensive.  For what we paid I could have bought a small pony and restarted the Pony Express.
Granted I sent them UPS and not the US Mail, but there's not a whole lot of difference in their prices.  The only difference is UPS makes a profit and the US Mail is going broke.
The main reason I used UPS is that it's only a couple of miles from my house, the Post Office is much farther, so I console myself that saving gas makes up for the extra cost.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy, you should see me when I mail something to ENGLAND! It is crazy!!
    I mentioned you in my last post, check it out!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...