Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

This is the 17th Hole, I "borrowed" the pic from the Net
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there, you have the hardest and most rewarding job in the world.  I wish my Mom and Mother-in-Law were still here so I could  say it to them.   I could thank my Mom for all she did for me, how she encouraged me and wanted me to do better than she had.
I'd like to thank my Mother-in-Law for raising such a wonderful son, I don't think I ever told her that and I should have.  Some Mother-in-Laws make their daughter-in-law's lives miserable, she didn't, she was wonderful and though she's been gone 24 years I miss her still.
Mac asked what I wanted for Mother's Day and I told him that I wanted to go to the Player's Golf Tournament in Florida, I'd watched it on tv and I loved that one of the holes was an island and I wanted to see it played.
Yesterday we drove down and it was a beautiful day, the course was gorgeous and a bit of a surprise.  All the golf courses we'd seen were flat, not Sawgrass where the tournament was being played.  In addition to there being water hazards every where there were moguls, small hills around many of the greens.  It made for some very interesting shots.
Overlooking many of the Fairways there were many private pavillions for corporations and other special people, but best of all there was one for the military, including retirees.  Lovely shaded porch, free water and soft drinks, with lunch served at 11.
We stayed till it got too hot and then headed home.  Enjoyed it so much we'll be going back next year.
This morning while talking to my daughter I opened the presents she'd sent and found 2 books I'm looking forward to reading:  Queen Victoria's Book of Spells (An anthology of gaslight fantasy) and The Map of Time.  She knows my taste well.
Miss Kitty, working with Mac, gave me a Godzilla candleholder, it's sitting on my piano now.
We'll finish the day with bar-b-qued ribs and potato salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...