Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

A day to say thanks for all who've served and to remember those who've died.  It was called Decoration Day when I was growing up, that changed in 1967 I believe.  No one is quite sure how it began, though some say it was ladies in the South decorating the graves of Confederate soldiers was its earliest beginning. We also decorate the graves of family members on this day.  My family (Mother, Father, Grandparents, Great Grandparents,Aunts and Uncles) are buried in Oklahoma so I can't take flowers and Mac's family is buried in California.  If I were better organized I could have had flowers sent, but I'm not, so I didn't, but they're all on my mind and in my heart.
As for us, it's the unofficial kick-off to summer so I'm making potato salad and Mac is barbequing ribs.
To all who are on the road today BE SAFE!

1 comment:

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...