Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Oklahoma Tornadoes

I hate the rough spring-time weather that's been tearing up the country, particularly the midwest.  I lived in Oklahoma City as a child and I can remember visiting my Grandmother in eastern Oklahoma and huddling in her root cellar when there was danger of tornado.
My sisters, numerous cousins and an uncle still live in eastern Oklahoma.  They came through the recent storms unscathed, but it's scary.  My younger sister said there were numerous trees and branches down, but other than that all was ok.  She said she has really worried about a couple of dead trees in her yard, but so far they've withstood the winds.
Oklahoma is in the middle of what's known as Tornado Alley, it begins in Texas and goes up to Oklahoma, Kansas and beyond.
The map show tornado activity in the US and you can see that anywhere from the midwest to the east coast is in danger of a tornado, I guess the west just deals with blizzards and earthquakes.
Viewing the scenes from Morris, OK has been horrific.  Reading about past tornadoes I saw that Moore had been leveled by one in 1999 and since rebuilt.  I think I'd be looking for somewhere else to rebuild.  

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. A similar thing happens here with towns built on floodplains - they get ruined by flood and rebuild on the same spot! Doesn't quite add up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is fantastic post? this is so chock full of useful information I cannot wait to dig deep and start utilizing the resource give me.your exuberance is refreshing.
    click here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Split Ac Repair in Delhi NCR. Ac Repair Service in Rohini Fridge, Window Ac, Split Ac Gas Filling service in Delhi All Electronic Machine Repair Samsung, Lg Ac Installation near me AC Repair Service in Dwarka Delhi

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...