Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dog Days

Yes they're here, and like always, I've melted into a puddle of do nothingness.  Our weather man has a heat index scale and when the temperature is above 90 and the dew point is 26 or higher , then his scale says that the weather is miserable, I'd agree.
The Dew Point has to do with the water to air saturation temperature, when the air is completely saturated you are miserable because your sweat can't evaporate and you stay wet and sticky.  That's what's going on right now.  For most of the summer we've been a bit below normal temperature wise with more rain than normal (we're nearly 11 inches above normal), but since the beginning of August the rains have stopped and the humidity and heat index have been very high.
As a consequence my brain has turned to jello and if I had to say what I've done this month all I could honestly say is try and stay cool.
I've read a little, played piano a little, watched baseball, did our morning walk in air that felt like wading through jello and tried not to fry my brain.  I have several projects I need to get done before we go on vacation so I'm hoping it will cool down some, right now I
have to go and mow the lawn----doesn't that sound like fun!
Today's forecast is for 95º and a heat index of 27, oh my.

1 comment:

  1. Ewww - sounds awful. We're having the sticky without the heat - very strange for August. Hope you have a good vacation!

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...