Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ten Random Things

Jay over at My Family and Other Cricketers said she had really enjoyed reading the Ten Random Thing posts that had been going round so she did one (go check it out) and I enjoyed hers so here's my 10 random things about me:

1.  I'm terrified of snails.  Don't mind spiders,snakes or the odd alligator, but snails wig me out, always have.  I've been known to walk on the top of grass to avoid them.

2.  I believe in love at first sight.  I saw Mac across the quad at our high school when I was 16 and fell in love with him and it's been that way ever since.

3.  I didn't get a driver's license until I was 30.  Had a driver's permit when I was 16, but couldn't pass the driving test because I couldn't parallel park, still can't.  But when we were living in Colorado they didn't require you to parallel park so I took the test and passed.

4.  I only know how to drive cars that have stick shift, my current car is a 6 speed and I love it.

5.  My favorite food, though I'm a very happy omnivore, is broccoli, I have some every day and have been known to make a whole meal of it.  Mac has learned to eat it, but it's not on his top ten list.

6.  I have lived in 7 states (California, Colorado, Georgia, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas), 3 countries (USA, West Germany (before the country reunited) and Turkey).

7.  I'm so clumsy that I've been known to trip over the electric light beams that open automatic doors.

8.  I have colored my hair for so many years that no one remembers its true color.

9.  I had a half-brother (from a former marriage of my Mother's) who I knew nothing about till I was 5 or 6, he lived with my grandparents.  I spent a good part of my childhood worrying that if I wasn't good I'd be given away too.

10.  If I could have any job in the world it would be to be an archeologist.  I think I've seen every standing stone, tumuli and stone circle in England, did the Ruta Maya in Mexico to visit all the temples, been down the Nile visiting all the sights, hit every ancient sight in Turkey and much, much more.  Would love to go on a dig.

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the clumsy. How come some people know where their arms and legs are?
    I realised I hadnt joined your site though I read your posts, so I have just done so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting list! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I believe in love at first sight. I saw Mac across the quad at our high school when I was 16 and fell in love with him and it's been that way ever since." Wow - just like Jay - or kind of similar, that is so romantic. I started dying my hair when I was 17 and haven't stopped and now its incredibly grey through the parting so have to get the base done every couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that was fun!! Loved getting to know you a little better.

    I've only lived in CA. Up and down the state, but only in CA.

    Never dyed my hair...was a redhead, now a greyhead. HaHa

    I guess I believe in love at second sight...had a boy I thought I loved in High School, but met my soul mate in College..53 years in June ~ Still very much in love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this list! I like to learn new things about people, Though worrying as a child is a sad memory... And being afraid of snails? I ate one once... They are rubber and gross!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love at first sight, yes it was the same for me (don't think hubby had a thunderbolt though, just me!)
    You've done a brilliant list, so sad you thought you might be given away if you were naughty.
    I so enjoyed reading this, thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...