Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Though my Mother and my Mother-in-law are both gone they are still with us in our hearts and memories.
I found some early pictures of them as young mothers and thought I'd include them on this Mother's Day blog.
 

This is my Mom and Dad with my older sister, their first child.  My Mom would have been about 23.



This is my Mom with all 3 of us.  She was about 28 and looks a bit tired, having 3 kids will do that to you.  That's me the curly-headed blonde.



This is my Mother-in-law and Father-in-law, probably from the 1930's, she would have been in her 20's.




This is her holding our daughter.    We were living in Germany and she had come to see her first grandchild.  We took her to Spain where her family was from and this picture was taken on the Ramblas in Barcelona, Spain.  Her family was from a small village in western Spain, Macatera.

I was very close to my Mother-in-law, she taught me so many things.  I loved my Mother, but we were never very close.  I married at 18 and we never lived around my family again.  My Mother-in-law always came to stay with us no matter where we lived, Germany, Texas, Colorado, Georgia.  I always said that I was lucky, she was the world's best Mother-in-law.

I miss them both very much.  People who still have their Mothers should treasure them, not just today, but everyday.

1 comment:

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...