Thursday, November 19, 2015

Too Hot

It's November 19, the overnight low was 72º, I'm pretty sure that's a record.  Our morning walk felt like a morning swim, not a breath of air.  According to the weather report the mold count is high and we're definitely fighting a battle with it here at the Little House in the Swamp.  Spent the whole morning cleaning wood furniture, rugs airing, stuffed animals airing.  Cough, cough, sneeze, sneeze.  We need a freeze to kill some of it off and a couple of weeks with no rain.  But I'm afraid that El Niño has decided we're to have a warmer than normal winter as well as a wetter one.
And now for something completely different, I've been working my way through Kate Morton's The Lake House rather slowly.  I usually devour her books, but for some reason, not quite sure what, perhaps because several of the characters are rather, to me, very annoying.  I'll finish it and like it ok, but for me, though it was much anticipated, it's not great.

6 comments:

  1. Strange weather here as well--warm again after a frost that killed the flowers.
    I have read three of Kate Morton's books--The Forgotten Garden, The Distant Hours, and The House at Riverton. I believe I acquired them from a second hand book shop in WY. Perhaps sometime this winter I will paw through the still unpacked boxes downstairs to see if I kept any of those books--not bad to re-read on a long winter evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate reading books that I don't like...so it would be in the recycle pile by now. You are a better reader than I am if you make it to the end! Enjoy that warmth!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh your weather sounds awful.
    Strange weather here too.
    We had that strange cold snap and rain, but now it is back in the low 70's day, middle 50's at night.
    Our perfect fall weather.
    Hope your weather cools off soon.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the last couple days here were absolutely miserable. That humidity has to be experienced to be "appreciated". Today, however,couldn't be more perfect, especially since I have reports of snow from my family back home.
    We are meeting Savannah friend tonight at the Crystal Beer Parlor. Lots of history -- I'm excited.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It still warm here too. I just finished the last book in the No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to have 72 degrees low – here it will be the reverse tomorrow night – 27 low. We had to bring all the plants inside the house. It’s a bit colder than usual here for us (Marietta, GA, north of Atlanta.)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...