Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Midweek Mutterings

Can't believe I haven't blogged since Saturday.  Nothing earth shattering has happened, it's just that time seems to be traveling at a different speed than me.  Lots of housework, lucky me, Monday spent running around town on errands, and trying to keep warm.  It's blooming cold down here.  Not in a hurry for summer to come, but it would be nice to warm up some.
Crocheting a pillow and over half-way through doing the back I notice that it's not the same width as the front----grrrrrr.  Undo, start over.
Made my first vegetable soup this week, threw in a couple of pork neck bones and made some meatballs so it was sort of like albondigas a Spanish meatball soup, very tasty if I do say so myself.
Watched parts of the Super Bowl, didn't really care who won, wait, let me restate that.  I didn't care if the Carolina Panthers won or not, didn't want the Denver Broncos to win, but wanted their quarterback Peyton Manning to win another Super Bowl.  And that's kind of how it worked out, except that Denver had to win for him to win.  I don't like Denver.
Almost Valentine's Day, hoping I get some chocolate, I've got a serious craving.

10 comments:

  1. Luckily I don't care for chocolate, so it is no temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck for the chocolate.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I couldn't wait for Valentine's Day for chocolate and found some old Christmas stuff (chocolate with peppermint, mmmm). Just a tiny bit stale but you'd hardly notice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soup sounds yummy. I'll send some warmth your way; we're having temps in the high 80's down here. Have a great holiday, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soup sounds yummy. I'll send some warmth your way; we're having temps in the high 80's down here. Have a great holiday, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get lots of good chocolate. Lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you get lots of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I spend more time pulling out yarn from my crochet work than I do making the dang thing! I also hope you get the chocolate, send me some! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wasn't that the most boring Superbowl ever? your soup sounds good. I think I'll try throwing in some extra meat next time too.

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...