Wednesday, March 30, 2016

A Late Easter Post




It's days after Easter, but I'm just now getting around to posting about it.  Before our daughter moved to Japan we would fly up to D.C. to spend Easter with her.  Now we're on our own, just us and the cat.  But I still dye eggs and devil them for Easter lunch.  We've had lamb fairly recently so we opted for prime rib.  I bought a rib steak more than 2 inches thick and had to Google how to cook it.  But it was simple, a quick sear and finish off in the oven.  It was so good, almost melt in your mouth.  Of course I didn't remember to take any pictures. We finished with strawberries, ice cream and whipped cream.
It rained most of the day, we got more than 2 inches so things are a bit soggy around here, but so pretty and spring like.
Neighbors have Dogwood trees that are blooming and I love them.  But we've brought 2 Dogwoods home and though we tried they both died so we just have to admire our neighbors.  The Wisteria is blooming too and if there is anything more southern I don't know what it is.  We have it growing up our trees and draped over the garden wall.
Mac is busy transplanting Bell peppers and tomatoes out into the garden.  He also brought home some cuttings from plants in Florida, a banana tree among other things.  Yesterday we ate the first  Fava  (Broad) Beans from the garden and had lettuce from the greenhouse.  So good to eat what you've grown yourself.
Our electricity went off for about a half hour this morning so I'm behind on everything, so off I go, running to catch up.



An Easter present from Mac

Wisteria and Freesias

Eggs ready to devil




13 comments:

  1. Slow down and admire all your pictures.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wisteria is a lovely shade a bit more pink than usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful garden and amazing that you are already starting to eat what you have grown. Beautiful wisteria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wisteria is beautiful. Glad you had a good Easter, you meal sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first southern spring and I can't get over all the blooming things! The azalea has been spectacular and now there is wisteria hanging all over everything along the roads, along with the azaleas. Pretty wonderful.
    What a cute Easter plate!
    When did you plant your beans to be eating them already? Mine are looking good and I have one tomato that is blooming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He plants them in the garden in the fall and they over winter.

      Delete
  6. When I first saw the photo I thought it was Lilac .
    Such beautiful plants that you do not see here much in Tucson.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Wisteria is beautiful! I also like your Easter gift...lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your climate sounds so good. Today here in the Yorkshie Dales it has been our first real spring day - sunny, warm and still. Some of our summer visitor birds have arrived and are singing- it feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm already to pick my spot for your next Easter dinner. That sounded fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are way ahead of us.Our wisteria isn't even in bud yet. I cut it back drastically but it should come good again. Storm Katie blasted the Magnolia but there are plenty of buds, so I'm hoping a frost doesn't get those. Hope the sneezing abates. Is it pollen induced?

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...